Specifications for Baling Old
Corrugated Containers, i.e., Grade # 11 Cardboard Bales:
- Used and new corrugated boxes only.
Usually these boxes are brown throughout; however,
some boxes will have a white exterior.
- What came on the box can stay on
the box, i.e., the print, the piece of tape, the staples.
- Brown kraft paper is acceptable
in small quantities.
- Stretch wrap, plastic or metal strapping
and inner packing materials such as styrofoam, foam rubber
and plastic must be removed.
- No wax or plastic coated boxes.
- No gray or yellowish boxes without
the corrugated line. These boxes are lacking fiber strength
for the recycling process.
- Non-corrugated board, i.e., shoes
boxes, cereal boxes, should not be baled with the cardboard.